Scholarship is awarded to one Texas student. Applicants must adhere to the following criteria.
· Applicants must have graduated from an accredited Texas high school/Home School with proof of admission to a college/university/technical school as a full time student. Documentation must have School Registrar’s seal.
· Applicants must submit an official transcript with a minimum of 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
· Applicants must be enrolled in a Veterinary Medicine Programs or a Veterinary Technology Program that is accredited by the AVMA CVTEA. Schools are not restricted to the state of Texas.
· Applicants must submit an essay with a minimum of 300 words answering the following questions:
1. Why do you feel you qualify to receive this award?
2. What are your career goals?
3. Describe your experience with small ruminants. Indicate what you have done, learned and any awards or personal rewards you have gained.
· Applicants must have two letters of recommendation.
1. One must be from a school official on letterhead.
2. One can be a character reference from a non-family member.
Application deadline to March 15, 2021.
Only applications postmarked by that date will be considered. Applications must be mailed in hard copy form to:
Eve Williams, Texas Myotonic Show Down Secretary
20810 Blake Manor Road
Manor, Texas 78653
Questions may be sent via email to email@example.com.
The Scholarship Committee has sole responsibility for selecting the scholarship recipients. All decisions of the Committee are final.
Dian Naumann Application
All correspondence and award agreements will be generated from the personal information submitted below. Please use proper spelling, capitalization and punctuation. Please submit transcript with proof of full time student status, GPA, essay, and letters of recommendation.
Tell Us About Yourself
First Middle Initial Last
Contact Phone Number: _______________________________________________________________
Email Address: __________________________________________________________________________
What Texas high school did you graduate from? ________________________________________
If you were home schooled, was the program under the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)?
Date of graduation (month/year)_________________________________________________________
What college/university are you currently enrolled? _____________________________________
Educational Status at Time of Application:
_______ I will be an incoming freshman graduating high school prior to 2020.
_______ I have attended college but have less than 32 college credit hours.
_______ I have attended college but have more than 32 college credit hours.
_______ I have graduated from university and enrolled in veterinary graduate program.
Are you a first generation college student?
_______ Yes, I am first among my parents or grandparents to attend college.
_______No, either my parents or grandparents have attended college.